Invitation for Prequalification
1. The Government of Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received a Loan from Japan International Cooperation Agency toward the cost of the Sub-Project for Expansion of Yangon Port in Thilawa Area (Phase-I) under Infrastructure Development in Thilawa Area (Phase-I). It is intended that part of the proceeds of this Loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract resulting from the bidding for which this prequalification is conducted.
2. The Myanma Port Authority intends to prequalify contractors and/or firms for the container terminal construction. Construction item includes followings:
• Wharf (depth-10m, length 400m, width 40m, piling foundation, jacket type deck structure) and Trestle (3 locations, length about 62m, width 15m and 20m)
• Land reclamation (1 million cu.m)
• Soil improvement by PVD method (17ha)
• Container yard, buildings, warehouse, and utilities.
3. It is expected that Invitation for Bids will be make in April.
4. Prequalification will be conducted through procedures in accordance with the applicable Guidelines for Procurement under Japanese ODA Loans, and is open to all Applications from eligible source countries, as defined in the Loan Agreement.
5. Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from and inspect the Prequalification Documents at the office of (state address at end of this IFP) from on February 28-March 5, 2014 during Office Hour from 9:30 to 16:30.
6. A complete set of the Prequalification Documents may be purchased by interested Applicant(s) on the submission of a written application to the address above and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of USD 500.00.
7. Applications for prequalification should be submitted in sealed envelopes, delivered to the address above by April 7, 2014, and be clearly marked “Application to Prequalify for the Package I : Civil Work and Buildings, Sub-Project for Expansion of Yangon Port in Thilawa Area (Phase-I) under Infrastructure Development in Thilawa Area (Phase-I).”
U Kyaw Myint
Managing Director, Myanma Port Authority
No. 10, Pansodan St, Kyauktada Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Facsimile number: 95-1-246781, 391355