The trial of suspects allegedly linked to the spate of bomb blasts in Yangon last October, including a blast at the former Traders Hotel, is continuing, sources from the Western District Court said.
Three men are on trial at the court for a plot to bomb the Western Park Ruby Restaurant in Ahlone Township. The trial has been adjourned until July 24. The three men face charges under Section 3 of the Penal Code.
The same suspects are also due to appear in the court on July 17 over the blast at the former Traders Hotel.
The accused, including Saw Myint Lwin, faces charges under Section 3 of the Penal Code. Police deputy superintendents Win Naing and Myo Myint Kyaing filed the charges at the court.
Saw Myint Lwin, a resident of Phapun Township in Kayin State was arrested in Mon State on October 15 last year. The two other defendants, Aung Moe and Aung San, were arrested at Thaketa and Thanlyin townships, respectively, police said.
Police say they plotted the bombings under the instruction of Nay Toe, who has business connections with the Karen National Union. They said he offered them Ks 500,000 and a permit to explore for gold.
The spate of bombing occurred in Yangon in early October. The blast at the former Traders Hotel injured one American citizen. A waiter at Western Park Ruby Restaurant in Ahlone Township discovered one bomb before it exploded, but another planted in front of Saw Bwar Gyi Gone Bus Stop was detonated. Another blast in Thaketa Township injured two 14-year-old children.
Source: ELEVEN MYANMAR