Invitation for Prequalification
(For Procurement of Cargo Handling Equipment)
1. The Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received a Loan from Japan International Cooperation Agency toward the cost of the Sub-Project for Expansion of Yangon Port in Thilawa Area (Phase-I) under Infrastructure Development in Thilawa Area (Phase-I). It is intended that part of the proceeds of this Loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract resulting from the bidding for which this prequalification is conducted.
2. The Myanma Port Authority intends to prequalify contracts and/or firms for procurement of the following plants:
• STS (Ship-to-Shore) Gantry Crane: 2 units
• RTG (Rubber Tyre Gantry): 6 units
• Reach Stack: 3 units
• Tractor & Chassis: 6 units
• Forklift (3.5ton-lift): 2 units
3. It is expected that Invitation for Bids will be made in May.
4. Prequalification will be conducted through procedures in accordance with the applicable Guidelines for Procurement under Japanese ODA Loans, and is open to all Applicants from eligible source countries, as defined in the Loan Agreement.
5. Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from and inspect the Prequalification Documents at the office of Myanma Port Authority, No.10, Pansodan St, Kyauktada Township, Yangon, Myanmar form on March 10-13, 2014 during Office Hour from 9:30 to 16:30.
6. A complete set of the Prequalification Documents may be purchased by interest Applicant(s) on the submission of a written Application to the address above and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of USD 500.00.
7. Applications for prequalification should be submitted in sealed envelopes, delivered to the address above by April 23, 2014 and be clearly marked “Application to Prequalify for the Package 2: Procurement of Cargo Handling Equipment, Sub-Project for Expansion of Yangon Port in Thilawa Area (Phase-I) under Infrastructure Development in Thilawa Area (Phase-I)”.
U Kyaw Myint
Managing Director, Myanma Port Authority
No.10, Pansodan St, Kyauktada Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Facsimile number: 95-1-246781, 391355
Source: Myanma Port Authority