Invitation for Bid on Turnkey Basic through local competitive bidding
Date: March 24-31, 2014
Loan Agreement No: MY-P3 on June 7, 2013
1. The Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received a loan from Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) towards the cost of “Sub-project for Electric Power Development in Thilawa Area under Infrastructure Development Project in Thilawa Area (Phase 1) (MY-P3)”. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under the Contract for “Package 1: Installation of Distribution Line of Sub-project for Electric Power Development in Thilawa Area under Infrastructure Development Project in Thilawa Area (Phase 1) (MY-P3).”
2. Bidding will be conducted through procedures in according with the applicable Guidelines for Procurement under Japanese ODA Loans, and is opened to all Bidders from eligible source countries, as defined in the Loan Agreement.
3. Yangon City Electricity Board (YESB), Ministry of Electric Power (MOEP) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the construction and completion of the Words as below:
– Minimum average annual construction turnover of Ks. One (1) Billion, calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress and/or completed, within the last two (2) years.
– A minimum number of three (3) similar contracts that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a prime contractor (single entity or JV member) within the last five (5) years prior to the Bid submission deadline.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the Bidding Documents at the office of Planning Department for the technical matter and Material Planning Department for the tender procedure matter, Yangon City Electricity Supply Board (YESB), No. 197/199, Lower Kyeemyindine Road, Ahlone Township, Yangon.
– Contact person: Deputy Chief Engineer of Planning Department
– Phone: 95-1-2301870
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders on the submission of a written application to the address above at office hour and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of fifty thousand Myanmar Kyats (Ks. 50,000/-) during:
– From 9:30 to 16:30 on March 24 (Mon) to May 2 (Fri), 2014 (except for government holiday)
– From 9:30 to 12:00 on May 5 (Mon), 2014
6. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the Standard Bidding Documents under Japanese ODA Loans for the Procurement of Small Works.
7. Bids must be submitted to the address above on before 12:00 p.m of May 5, 2014 and must be accompanied by a security of one million Myanmar Kyats (Ks. 1,000,000/-).
8. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders’ representatives at 15:00 on May 5, 2014 at the meeting room (first floor) of YESB, Yangon.
Source: Ministry of Electric Power