The Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Ministry of Energy
Invitation to Tender
Thanlyin Refinery Joint Venture Project (TRJVP)
Tender No. (1-TRJVP/2014-2015)
The Myanma Petrochemical Enterprise (MPE), a State-owned Enterprise of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, operating under the Ministry of Energy, announces an Invitation to Tender for the Thanlyin Refinery Joint Venture Project (TRJVP). The purpose of the TRJVP, which will be licensed under the Foreign Investment law, is to operate and carry out the rehabilitation of No. 1 Refinery (Thanlyin) to improve its production capacity. In addition, the TRJVP will undertake the importation, distribution and storage of a wide range of petroleum products.
All interested eligible parties are cordially invited to lodge a submission in accordance with the tender documents.
1. The documentation related to the TRJVP (“the Tender Documents” as further detailed below) can be purchased by any interested parties starting 14th July 2014 upon submission of evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of 3,000,000 Kyats (Three Millions Kyats) to MPE. The detailed payment information is available in the Ministry of Energy‘s website (https://www.energy.gov.mm/index.php/en/information/announcement).
Any question in relation to the payment of the non-refundable fee can be sent to email address below.
2. The Tender Documents comprise the following:
a) General Rules and Requirements
b) Invitation to Tender
c) Proposed Joint Venture Agreement
d) Proposed Land Lease Agreement
e) Information Memorandum including selected detailed financial/operating/importing information with respect to No. 1 Refinery (Thanlyin)
3. Eligibility information is also available on the wabsite of the Ministry of Energy.
4. Eligible applicants shall submit the proposal in response to the tender and in accordance with the specifications set forth in the tender documents to the following address no later than 13th October 2014 at 12:00 noon; Myanma Petrochemical Enterprise, Building No 44, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
5. There will be opportunity for applicants to perform due diligence and seek written clarification in relation to the TRJVP from 14th July until 12th September 2014.
6. For more information, please contact the following address;
Myanma Petrochemical Enterprise
Ministry of Energy
Building No. 44, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
Fax: +95 67 411124, +95 67 411126
7. Late inquiries or inquiries via telephone will not be answered.
Source: Ministry of Energy