THE REPUBLIC OF THE UNION OF MYANMAR
MINISTRY OF CONSTRUCTION
Invitation for Bids
|Date||15 September 2014|
|Loan No. and Title||MYA – Maubin Pyapon Road Rehabilitation Project|
|Contract No. and Title||
Km 0+000 to km 25+000
Km 25+000 to km 54+600
|Deadline for Submission of Bids||17 November 2014, 2:00 pm|
1. The Republic of the Union of Myanmar has applied for financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of the Maubin Pyapon Road Rehabilitation Project. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the contracts named above. Bidding is open to bidders from eligible source countries of the ADB who meet the qualification requirements set out in the Bidding Documents.
2. The Ministry of Construction (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the contracts described above. The works, which will be executed under traffic, will require the removal of the existing pavement structure, widening and raising the road embankment, construction of a new two lane with sealed shoulders pavement structure including a lime-stabilized subgrade, mechanically stabilized subbase, crushed rock base course, and asphaltic concrete surfacing, bridegworks, and repair or replacement of existing minor drainage structures. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Documents.
3. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders should contact:
The Director, Project Management Unit
Ministry of Construction / Public Works
Room No. 502, Bagan Housing, Anawrahta Road,
Block 334/344, Lanmadaw Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Tel: +95-01-222361, Fax: +95-01-222361
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
4. To purchase the bidding documents in English, eligible bidders should:
• Write to the address above requesting the bidding documents for both or either of the contracts described above.
• Pay a non-refundable fee of US$200 by bank cheque or cash for each set of bidding documents.
5. To submit the bid:
• Deliver it to the address above
• On or before the deadline set out above
• Together with the Bid Security as described in the bidding documents
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
6. When comparing Bids, ADB’s Domestic Preference Scheme will be applied in accordance with the provisions stipulated in the Bidding Documents.
U Aung Myint Oo
Director, Project Management Unit
Source: MINISTRY OF CONSTRUCTION