The Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Ministry of Rail Transportation
Invitation for (Expression of Interest) to the local/international private companies for the joint venture business of transporting the tourist to the whole country by the (Luxury Tourist Train)
1. In line with the National Development Plan, the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has been identifying the economic potentials to contribute to the country’s economic development. Myanma Railways of the Ministry of Rail Transportation invites Expression of Interest (EOI) from local/international persons, organizations or companies for the joint venture business to be able to provide more services for the tourists.
2. The private organizations and companies shall, which will have the right to run the Luxury Tourist Train, do the investment by themselves to repair the stem engine and by importing and establishing the new luxury coaches.
3. Transporting the tourists by the Luxury Tourist Train to the whole country shall be carried out by joint venture with local/international private companies and the proposal of the Expression of Interest (EOI) shall be submitted to the Deputy General Manager, Supply Department, Myanma Railways, Botahtaung, not later than 15.10.2014, 14:00 hr. No submission after such time shall be entertained. After scrutinizing the Expression of Interest (EOI), the competent companies are allowed to compete for the tender.
4. The EOI form will be taken at Deputy General Manager, Supply Department, Myanma Railways, Corner of Theinbyu Street and Merchant Street, Botahtaung Township, Yangon, within office hour commence from 15.10.2014 by kyat (10000/-) per set.
5. For detailed information, contact to the Tender Selection Committee (ph. 067-77009/ 067-77054/ 01-291994/ 01-294352) within office hours.
Tender Selection Committee
Source: Ministry of Rail Transportation