MINISTRY OF ELECTRIC POWER
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRIC POWER
Date: 27th October 2014
Loan 3084-MYA: Power Distribution Improvement Project
Package 5-Tools and Equipment
- This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in the “ADB Business Opportunities” on 8 November 2013.
- The Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received a loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Loan 3084-MYA: Power Distribution Improvement Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the contract for Package 5-Tools and Equipment.
- The Ministry of Electric Power (MOEP) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the supply and delivery of Tools and Equipment for the Yangon Electricity Supply Board (YESB) for the project area in Yangon and for the Electricity Supply Enterprise (ESE) for the project areas in Mandalay, Sagaing and Magway.
- International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: One-Envelope bidding procedure and will be opened to all Bidders from eligible source countries.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from MOEP and inspect the Bidding Document at the address given below, from 09:30 to 16:00 hours(Local Time).
- The Bidding Document, in English Language, may be purchased by interested Bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Myanmar Kyat 100000. The method of Payment will be direct deposit to MD 010828 at Myanma Economic Bank in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar. The original receipt chalan of Myanma Economic Bank shall be submitted and the bidding documents can be obtained at the following address:
- The MOEP will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on 10th November 2014 at 10:00 am, Building No.27, MOEP, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar, which shall be open to all interested parties.
- Bids must be delivered to the address above at or before 12:00 on 11th December 2014. All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security as described in the Bidding Documents. Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address above at 12:15 on 11th December 2014.
- The MOEP will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of Bids.
- In the comparison of Bids, ADB’s Domestic Preference Scheme will be applied in accordance with the provisions stipulated in the Instructions to Bidders.
Source: Ministry of Electric Power