REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES-Individual Consultant)
The Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Myanmar Electric Power Project
Credit No.: 5306-MM
Assignment Title: International Financial Management Consultant
Reference No.: MEPE-CS-7
The Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Electric Power Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The Services are expected to be carried out over a period of twelve months, possible starting in May 2015, The Myanmar Electric Power Enterprise (MEPE) now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The minimum qualifications requirements are:
1. At least a bachelor degree in accounting, finance or relevant field and holding IFAC recognized accounting professional qualification
2. At least 10 years of professional experience in accounting and/or other relevant field
3. Previous experience in conducting similar engagement within the region or other regions
4. Experience in FM capacity development and training
5. Experience in assessing IT user requirements and specification for an FMIS system
6. Experience working with the World Bank financed projects or other major donors is an advantage
7. Good PC/systems literacy, including strong Excel skills and accounting software applications
8. Excellent interpersonal skills and result oriented
9. Reliable, independent and dynamic worker with high social competence and good team spirit
10. Willing and able to travel to remote areas’ in Myanmar
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained from the address below during 10:00 to 15:00 hours on working days.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by April 7, 2015.
Attn: Daw Zaw Zaw Than
The General Manager
Myanmar Electric Power Enterprise (MEPE)
Office Building No. 27
Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
Source: Ministry of Electric Power