INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION
|Date||9th December 2016|
|Loan Agreement No||MY-P4 dated 5th September, 2014|
- The Government of Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received ODA Loan (Loan Agreement dated 5th September, 2014) from Japan International Cooperation Agency toward the cost of the Yangon-Mandalay Railway Improvement Project Phase I (hereinafter referred to as “the Project”). It is intended that part of the proceeds of this Loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract resulting from the bidding for which this prequalification is conducted.
- Myanma Railways, Ministry of Transport and Communications,(hereinafter referred to as “the Employer”) intends to prequalify suppliers and/or firms for the procurement of rolling stocks under the Project; namely the Package CP104: Rolling Stock (hereinafter referred to as “the Contract”).
Brief description of supply under the Contract:
|Numbers||4 train sets of 6-car each (total 24 cars)|
|Type of car||diesel electric multiple units (DEMU)|
|Maximum operating speed||100km per hour|
|Place of delivery||Insein DRC Depot, 15km away from Yangon|
|Purpose||operating on the Yangon Mandalay railway line|
- Invitation for Bids is made on the same date of the Invitation for Prequalification for the simultaneous process of Prequalification and Bids. Click here to see the Invitation for Bids.
- Prequalification will be conducted through procedures in accordance with the applicable Guidelines for Procurement under Japanese ODA Loans, and is open to all Applicants from eligible source countries, as defined in the Loan Agreement. The Eligible Nationality of the Applicants shall be Japan in the case of the prime contractor. In case where the prime contractor is a joint venture, such joint venture will be eligible provided that the nationality of the lead partner is Japan, that the nationality of the other partners is Japan and/or the Republic of the Union of Myanmar and that total share of work of Japanese partners in the joint venture is more than fifty percent (50%) of the contract amount.
- Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from and inspect the Prequalification Documents at Tender Office in the head office of Myanma Railways at Nay Pyi Taw Railway Station Compound, PobbaThiri Township, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar, during office hour from 09:30 a.m.to 16:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- A complete set of the Prequalification Documents may be purchased by interested eligible Applicant(s) on the submission of a written Application to the address above and upon payment of non-refundable fee of United States Dollar One Hundred (US$ 100). Unless eligibility of Applicant is confirmed the Employer will decline to provide any Prequalification information.
- Applications for prequalification should be submitted in sealed envelopes, delivered to the address above by 14:00 p.m.9th March 2017 and be clearly marked “Application to Prequalify for Yangon-Mandalay Railway Improvement Project Phase I: Package CP104: Rolling Stock.” 8. If Applicant is only one, The Employer may consider returning the application unopened.
|Closing Date||14:00 p.m. 9th March 2017
|Office hour||09:30 a.m.to 16:30 p.m. Monday to Friday|
|Address||Nay Pyi Taw Railway Station Compound, PobbaThiri Township, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.|
Myanma Railways, Ministry of Transport and Communications
Nay Pyi Taw Railway Station Compound,
Pobba Thiri Township, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
Source: Myanma Railways, Ministry of Transport and Communications.