[Country] The Republic of the Union of Myanmar
[Name of project] Myanmar Flood and Landslides Emergency Recovery Project
Loan No.: 5889-MM
Assignment Title: International Road and Bridge Advisor
Reference No.: C4-IST-IC01
The Republic of the Union of Myanmar has applied for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Myanmar Flood and Landslides Emergency Recovery Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The consulting services (“the Services”) include Technical supervision, administration and coordination support, procurement, financial management, safeguard, monitoring and reporting, capacity development.The services of international road and bridge advisor will cover for 3.5 years.
The Ministry of Construction (MOC)and Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation (MoALI)now invites eligible individual consultant (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested individual consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services(e.g. consultant’s profile, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.). The minimum qualifications and experience requirements are:
• At least Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization in Highway, Road, or Transportation engineering from a recognized University.
• Minimum of 10 years large-scale project management experience;
• Demonstrated experience in design, rehabilitation, and maintenance of roads; estimate and contract preparation and negotiation; experience with procurement of engineering services and works contracts;
• Demonstrated technical background in labor-based appropriate technology road construction, build-back¬better, DRM, CBDRM;
• Good knowledge of World Bank guidelines and requirements;
• Previous work experience in the region is an asset.
The attention of interested individual consultant is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. An individual Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours [09:30 to 16:00 hours’ localtime].
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by FRIDAY, 27January 2017 (16:00 hours local time). Attn: Daw Tin Moe Myint, Director, For Detailed information please contact:
Attn: Daw Tin Moe Myint, Director, Department of Rural Development, Office no-14, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.
Tel: 95 67 409410, 9595118240
For Detailed information please contact:
U Kyaw Swa Aung (Director)
Department of Rural Development
Source: Global New Light of Myanmar