MPT has Myanmar’s fastest mobile speeds

Myanmar’s MPT has the fastest internet speeds among the nation’s major mobile operators, according to a new report from Ookla’s Speedtest service.

An analysis of the results of user-initiated tests over the Speedtest Android and iOS mobile apps indicates that MPT had an overall speed score of 11.45 during the first half of the year.

The speed score is calculated by factoring in both a user’s download and upload speeds, with the former contributing to 90% of the final score and the latter constituting the remaining 10%.

MPT had average download speeds of 12.41Mbps for the period covered in the report, and average upload speeds of 7.47Mbps.

MPT is expanding its mobile network in collaboration with Japanese partners KDDI and Sumitomo.

The operator’s closest rival, Telenor Myanmar, achieved a speed score of 10.51, based on download speeds of 10.97Mbps and upload speeds of 6.46Mbps. Ooredoo achieved a score of 6.23 with download speeds of 6.61Mbps and upload speeds of 2.87Mbps.

Over the six month period, Myanmar’s average mobile download speeds reached 12.03Mbps and upload speeds reached 7.4Mbps after a sharp jump in both averages between April to June.

Source: Telecomasia.net

To see the original article click link here

NB: The best way to find information on this website is to key in your search terms into the Search Box in the top right corner of this web page. E.g. of search terms would be “property research report”, ”condominium law”, “Puma Energy”, “MOGE”, “yangon new town”,”MECTEL”, “hydropower”, etc.

.

To evaluate the various segments of the market that you could possibly enter base on your competencies you can do a Custom Market Entry Strategy Research. You can see a sample report at page “Actual Sample of Client Report”. Click here to go to page.

.

Do you know that IE Singapore is giving ≤ SGD 20, 000 support under the MRA Grant and > SGD 20,000 under the GCP Grant for Singapore companies to venture into Myanmar? To learn more click here.

.