fbpx

Land surveys conducted for the construction of Yangon SEZ


YANGON- Land surveys have been conducted for the construction of Yangon Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in Dala, Kawthmu and Kyunchangone Townships, says Phyo Min Thein, Yangon Region Chief Minister.

The chief minister attended the opening ceremony of 33/11KV and (5)MVA sub-power station situated between Kayinchaung and Kamarkaloke villages in Kyauktan Township, Yangon Region on January 6th and he delivered the above speech.

“We had carried out the land surveys for construction of Yangon SEZ in Dala, Kawthmu and Twanty Townships. Moreover, we plan to establish a new International Yangon Jetty in Kawthmu Township to transfer the current jetties in Yangon to the mouth of the river,” said Phyo Min Thein.

He also said that the Yangon Region Parliament had approved the land compensation programs for new Yangon City Project. So, the programs were carried out. Moreover, he submitted a proposal to invite the tender for the construction of a bridge from Bargaryar to the Union Economic Committee. If the committee would agree, they would be offering the tender.

He added that they were striving to seek income generation for Yangon from the western part of the Yangon River. When looking at Yangon city from an aerial view, many fields were in the western part of the Yangon River. But the fields were located in seawater areas which means agriculture wasn’t an option. If the industrialized economic development sector in the western part of the Yangon River would be reformed, the income of Yangon Region will increase.

“When we undertook our duties, we started the development tasks by spending about Ks440 billion. Now, Yangon Region is using about Ks 780 billion. We only used 15 percent levy on the tax and the remaining 85 percent must be entrusted to the Union,” said Phyo Min Thein.

At present, the income of the Yangon Region increases. If the development task would be carried out and then the earnings of the Yangon Region would be added to the Union’s fund, the Yangon Region would help the development tasks of the entire nation, according to the Yangon Region Chief Minister.

Source: Eleven Myanmar

To see the original article click link here

NB: The best way to find information on this website is to key in your search terms into the Search Box in the top right corner of this web page. E.g. of search terms would be “property research report”, ”condominium law”, “Puma Energy”, “MOGE”, “yangon new town”,”MECTEL”, “hydropower”, etc.

.

Looking for foreign investors to invest in your business in Myanmar